Tokyo Banana mi-tsu-ke-ta “No. 1 best-seller souvenir in Tokyo”

Tokyo Banana mi-tsu-ke-ta

Tokyo Banana mi-tsu-ke-ta(which means “I found the Tokyo Banana”) is not only a popular souvenir but also the No. 1 best-seller souvenir in Tokyo. There is a plenty of banana custard inside the sponge cake.

Tokyo Banana mi-tsu-ke-ta

Japanese people usually love to buy this souvenir for their family and friends when they visit Tokyo from other prefectures,and it’s easy to give away because of the cakes in individually wrapped.

tokyobanana (japanese)

posted by Sandra , 11月 22, 2009 20:45:15 (Tokyo) :

That looks interesting, would be fun to taste it!

posted by ryan@desirelines , 11月 23, 2009 7:58:31 (Tokyo) :

Yum! I love banana flavoured things, so I would love to try this- all the japanese cakes look so delicious!

posted by Stella , 11月 23, 2009 19:32:57 (Tokyo) :

My mom’d bought me this when she visited Japan. It was a few years ago tho. But it tasted awesome! Aww I miss the taste of these little banana cakes!

posted by leslie , 11月 23, 2009 22:48:22 (Tokyo) :

this is my FAVOURITEST snack from tokyo! i always request whoever going to nipponland to get some back for me!

posted by gil , 11月 24, 2009 5:01:26 (Tokyo) :

looks delish :)

posted by xkiyora , 11月 25, 2009 2:38:09 (Tokyo) :

My Japanese sensei got it for us when he went to Tokyo~~

posted by mike , 11月 30, 2009 5:51:04 (Tokyo) :

Looks tasty. I love banana flavor.

posted by Lee , 1月 30, 2010 23:19:02 (Tokyo) :

a friend from Tokyo got me one box. as a banana fan, I absolutely love it !!

posted by Fiona Seagon , 3月 8, 2010 9:30:22 (Tokyo) :

I have just had 3 boxes of Tokyo Banana confiscated at Perth airport as they are considered a prohibibitve product due to the lack of information about the manufacturing process and ingredients ie do they contain uncooked banana. If anyone has any information about this can you please let me know as I wish to take this matter further. I cannot see that these cakes can be of any risk but need to obtain more information. Has anyone else in Australia encountered this same problem?

Many thanks………Fiona

posted by Yamada , 3月 11, 2010 12:59:08 (Tokyo) :

I sympathize with you.
Tokyo Banana contains banana paste inside, not a fresh banana.

posted by Anthony , 4月 9, 2010 21:10:36 (Tokyo) :

Yeah I too had my Tokyo Banana confiscated at Coolangatta airport.
I was pissed off, as I have brought them in many times.
I gues the quarantine staff had them for lunch.
It sucks big time.

posted by Mei , 5月 3, 2011 14:55:18 (Tokyo) :

Woooo… I’m going to Tokyo in May and wold love to try this.

May I know where can I find it?

posted by Ten , 1月 31, 2013 20:23:31 (Tokyo) :

I’m not sure if anyone is still reading those comments but Mel, when you go to Tokyo you can normally get them from major department stores or even at the airport.

For those of you who’s Tokyo banana got confiscated, that really sucks!! What’s ironic though, is that the bananas used for the banana custard are apparently from Australia.

posted by Brendan Moloney , 10月 13, 2013 6:24:55 (Tokyo) :

Yes I just had 3 boxes of Tokyo Bananas confiscated at Cairns airport.

Australian travellers should be very upset with this! You can buy carcinogenic garlic or prawns throughout Australia but cannot bring in processed, packaged snack.

What a joke!

posted by kilkus-com.tumblr.com , 10月 27, 2013 21:45:42 (Tokyo) :

This is a topic that is close to my heart… Best
wishes! Where are your contact details though?

My web site … find out this here (kilkus-com.tumblr.com)