Yuko Yamaguchi : Hello Kitty designer (1980~)

hello kitty

Hello kitty’s designer has changed three times up to now. Yuko Shimizu (1974-1976), Setsuko Yonekubo (1976-1980), and Yuko Yamaguchi has designed Hello Kitty since 1980. Now, She is an exective of Hello Kitty’s company, “Sanrio”.

Recently she began to blog (in japanese). She often hold her in-store autograph session around Japan. Those schedule are released at the blog.

hello kitty

If you join the autograph session with 3,000 yen, you can get some hello kitty’s cards and accessories from her.

posted by tania , 11月 21, 2008 13:46:19 (Tokyo) :

what happened to the origanl designer Yuko Shimizu, reason for asking I’m doing history project on hello kitty. Need to know if she (Shimizu) got married,and had kids etc.

posted by ning fathia , 1月 14, 2009 15:12:54 (Tokyo) :

Hi, Takako. I’ve been reading your blog and fascinated by your posts! I am very inspired by Yuko Yamaguchi and I wrote a post about her too in my blog. I think you have a very good English writings, and I have long searching for a Japanese blogger writing in English. Thank you so much for writing. Hope we can be friends.

posted by Kenia , 8月 26, 2009 5:56:43 (Tokyo) :

Hi. amm…just wondering..does she have any kids. cuz i heard some story (in spanish) that she had a daughter with cancer ans she had made a packed with the devil so her daughter would survive. i really love Hello Kitty, but I also want the truth. please help!

posted by Kamelia , 1月 29, 2010 5:10:45 (Tokyo) :

Hi, Yuko had a signing session in Dubai today, here is the link http://kameliaphotography.wordpress.com/2010/01/28/hello-kitty

posted by renn76 , 3月 7, 2010 6:03:22 (Tokyo) :

yeaaah! i found yuko yamaguchi’s biodata in japanese,here!^ ^ i’m so,so happy! i’m her no.1 fan together,along with Hello Kitty there,too!^ ^

posted by renn76 , 3月 7, 2010 6:05:18 (Tokyo) :

i know it’s kinda too late but i’m happy with it’s existence! =3

posted by hellokittylimited , 3月 18, 2010 14:37:32 (Tokyo) :

I love Hello Kitty and fascinated by the story. I recently discovered Angel Cat Sugar created by Yuko Shimizu in Walgreens in the usa and thought she looked alot like Hello Kitty.

posted by diana&lily , 10月 28, 2010 7:52:14 (Tokyo) :

hellokitty no tiene boca por chismosa

posted by Heather oronoz 616-26-8015 soc sec. , 10月 21, 2012 4:10:43 (Tokyo) :

I will never imagine you thinking this drawing came from yuki. why dont you get your facts staraight and your years.. because sweet taste of your money makes me angry. why dont you finde the proper owner of the drawing because this makes me super mad. making lies about your hello kitty. that is my hello kitty work.

posted by Kristine Mandadero , 4月 16, 2013 19:12:39 (Tokyo) :

I have many collection of hello kitty and I want to add more can I be a hello kitty fan?