Many celebrities from overseas appear in the Japanese ads.
It is probably because the Japanese clients pay pretty well, and the image of celebrities from overseas would increase the brand value more than having local celebrities in Japan.
Victoria Beckham on “Samanatha Thavasa“(Japanese emerging bag brand)
Tommy Lee Jones on Japanese canned coffee brand “BOSS” ad
It is also a characteristic of the ads with foreign celebrities that many of them tend to be comical and friendly sort of ads films, as seen in that canned coffee ads featuring Tommy Lee Jones.
Alien Tommy Lee Jones Mission #11 Hot Spring [English Sub]
On the other hand, our own Japanese actress Rinko Kikuch who was in the movie “Babel” now appears in the ads for Chanel. I wonder how it’s received over there.
- Iron Man 300% Tokyo Exhibition
- Free “Benedict Cumberbatch” pin badge from PIA magazine
- “Eminem” -The Recovery Japan Tour 2012
- Dirty poem from Seth Rogen
- (500) days of Summer (gohyaku nichi no Summer)